Opening PrideArts 2022-23 season is Todd Almond and Matthew Sweet’s musical Girlfriend, directed by Jay Españo and music direction by Robert Ollis. Girlfriend is a boy-meets-boy coming of age love story set in Nebraska in the 1990’s. Recent high school graduates popular jock Mike and nerdy Will, suddenly find themselves bonding through the music of fringe rock artist Matthew Sweet. As they navigate their future, they also begin to question their intense feelings for each other.
We are currently looking for an understudy for the role of Mike. The role requires a tenor (high A). The actor must be able to pass a high school teenager. There is also intimacy involved in the show. An Intimacy Director will help supervise the choreography. The understudy is guaranteed at least one performance.
Rehearsals are Monday to Friday from 7-10PM and Saturdays at 10AM-2PM. Understudies are not required to come to every rehearsal although we would like for them to attend at least twice a week. There will also be understudy only rehearsals after the show has opened.
The schedule of performances is:
- Previews – August 25, 26, 27 @ 7:30p, and August 28 @ 3p
- Opening Night – August 29 @ 7:30p
- Week 1 – September 1, 2, 3 @ 7:30p, and September 4 @ 3p
- Week 2 – September 8, 9, 10, @ 7:30p, and September 11 @ 3p
- Week 3 – September 15, 16, 17 @ 7:30p, and September 18 @ 3p
- Week 4 – September 21, 22, 23, 24 @ 730p, and September 25 @ 3p
If you are interested, please submit your resume and a short clip of you singing an up tempo pop song to email@example.com. Include “Mike” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org