Oil Lamp Theater is holding auditions for its production of “Murder on the Nile” by Agatha Christie. The production will run September 26 to November 10, 2019 with rehearsals starting mid August. Keith Gerth, Artistic and Executive Director of Oil Lamp Theater, will direct this production.
This classic Agatha Christie mystery is set in the observation saloon of the paddle steamer Lotus on the Nile between Shellal and Wadi Halfa, Egypt, in 1947. A group of passengers gather for a pleasant journey and sightseeing tour, unaware of the undercurrents of tension and danger among them. Once a murder is committed and another attempted, everyone comes under suspicion by the perceptive cleric Canon Pennefather.
Material to Prepare:
If you are invited to audition we would like to see a 60 to 90 second monologue and ask that you bring a hard copy of your headshot and resume. We are not taking video submissions at this time.
Rehearsals will begin mid August.
We are casting all roles. Open ethnicity. Use of a dialect is not needed in audition.
• Beadsellers, pesky peddlers trying to get a buck (open age range, Egyptian accent, doubled with other characters)
• Steward, the head waiter (age 20-40, Egyptian accent)
• Helen Ffoliot-Ffoulkes, a wealthy snob (age 50-70, upper class British dialect)
• Christina Grant, Helen's niece (age 20-30, Standard British dialect)
• Kay Ridgeway-Mostyn, the "richest girl in England” (age 20-30, upperclass British dialect)
• Simon Mostyn, Kay's husband (age 25-35, Standard British dialect)
• Louise, Kay's maid (age 20-30, French accent)
• Dr. Bessner, a doctor from a country ruined by Kay's father (age 40-60, German accent)
• Canon Ambrose Pennefather, Kay's uncle and guardian (age 40-60, Standard British dialect)
• Jacqueline de Severac, Kay's ex-best friend and Simon's ex-fiancée (age 20-30, Standard British dialect)
• William Smith, a wise-cracking “kid" (age 30-40, upper class British dialect)
• McNaught, the ship's captain (age 40-60, Scottish accent)
The production contains no sexual content or nudity. Violence will be designed by a certified fight choreographer. We will work with actors on costumes. Anything actors choose to provide that fit with the overall costume design concept are welcomed. The theater will supply any additional wardrobe. Actors are invited to assist with strike, but it is not required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org