Oil Lamp Theater is seeking video auditions for their production of Frankenstein adapted by Vincent S. Hannam. Elizabeth Lovelady will direct.
The play is a new adaptation of Mary Shelley’s classic 1818 novel. The story has elements of a Gothic novel and Romanticism. Some have called it the first science fiction story. 6 actors will play all of the characters in the sprawling story, bringing the tale to life in new, creative ways.
Please submit your taped submission and additional information requested to THIS LINK by May 23. Tape a dramatic monologue up to 60 seconds in length. Callbacks will be held in person with COVID 19 guidelines in place on Monday, June 6 and Tuesday, June 7 from 7:00 to 10:00 pm at Oil Lamp Theater, 1723 Glenview Road, Glenview, IL.
Please send any questions about the audition and/or process to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The production will run September 22 to November 6 with performances Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8:00 pm and Saturdays and Sundays at 3:00 pm. Rehearsals will begin July 25 and are typically held from 7:00-10:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and 10:00 am-1:00 pm on Saturdays. There will be additional dates during tech, which will take place the September 17-22nd.
If you have any questions you can send them to email@example.com.
We are casting all roles. We are looking for 6 actors of varying age, gender identity and ethnicity. Most actors will play multiple roles. The full list of characters is below. Please indicate in your submission if you would like to be considered for any specific roles.
- Rivera (he/him): The first mate of the ship.
- Victor Frankenstein (he/him): A student of science full of blind ambition and desire to avenge his loved ones
- Father (he/him): Frankenstein’s father; A scientist who did what he could
- Elizabeth (she/her): A woman who loves Frankenstein deeply and carries her own ambitions; Fearless, strong willed and humorous
- The Monster (he/him): Born from Frankenstein’s experiments
- Delacey (he/him): A blind old man who lives in a secluded forest; He is welcoming, patient and compassionate
- Emily (she/hers): The daughter of the Old Man, Delacy; She loves her father