November 4-6, 2021 at Governors State University’s Center for Performing Arts
ABOUT THE PLAY:
Extra-terrestrials invade the suburban, middle-class community of Susqua Creek Acres, Pennsylvania, forcing its residents under a house-bound quarantine. At least that’s the premise of the sitcom that screenwriter Lucy is pitching to a room full of television producers and executives. Presented as a 1980s sitcom, and seated on stage with the actors, YOU are the studio audience! Witness as secrets are revealed, conflicts erupt and recede, long festering wounds are dressed, and friendships and relationships are terminated or reinstated.
This dark and timely comedy interweaves stories of a mother reunited with the daughter she gave up for adoption thirty-two years earlier; a man with a secret that threatens his marriage; a woman with fourteen cats; a foiled house burglary; a rekindled high school romance; two young couture-obsessed little girls; and a brother who cannot honor his sick sister’s greatest wish.
The Script can be found here: https://drive.google.com/…/1EvReZVaKzgc2G7WqSeK…/view…
Callbacks will be held on September 11th, 2021 at Governors State University’s Center for Performing Arts.
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION:
This will be a live production with a live audience. All the performers, including the audience, will be masked. The blocking will include social distancing; similarly to our current predicament, the characters battle with the struggle for intimacy under their current plight.
Material to Prepare:
Please prepare two contrasting monologues. No more than four minutes max.
Auditions will be held in person at Governors State University's Center for Performing Arts.
SCHEDULE AN AUDITION at https://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/wxsdg
Once scheduled, you should receive a confirmation e-mail with a link and instructions on how to cancel your slot if necessary. Please save this e-mail in case you need to cancel or switch time slots. If you are unable to make the audition, please cancel as soon as possible to free up the slot for someone else.
PLEASE BE PROMPT—latecomers will NOT be seen.
Casting an inclusive, dynamic ensemble of 10-15 actors ages 12+.
AVAILABLE ROLES: (Some doubling could occur.)
● LUCY FULLER – Writer. Professorial, but with a mischievous twinkle in her eye.
● BARBARA MIDDLEBROOK [House A] – Mother to twins, Paula and Kitty; gave
Kitty up for adoption at birth.
● PAULA MIDDLEBROOK-CLOBB [House A] – Daughter to Barbara, twin to Kitty;
has had a challenging, messy life.
● KITTY CIVETTE [House A] – Daughter to Barbara, twin to Paula; was given up for
adoption at birth; recently located both birth mother and sister. She works in purchasing
for an airline.
● JUDEEN DEMPSEY [House B] – Trying to leave for a date (with Chester) when
suddenly placed into Quarantine; typical “cat lady”.
● CHESTER BANDERHORN [House B] – Picking up Judeen when suddenly placed into quarantine, a handyman.
● BETHANY ROBBINS [House C] – Married to Roy; Diandra’s mother. Formerly Ms.
Knox Memorial High School.
● CLARK WIGGLIN [House C] – Married to Shirley, father to Jennifer. Formerly Mr. Knox Memorial High School.
● SHIRLEY WIGGLIN [House D] – Married to Clark, mother to Jennifer; Childhood sweethearts with Roy.
● ROY ROBBINS [House D] – Married to Bethany; father to Diandra. Childhood sweethearts with Shirley. Secretly enjoys dressing in women’s clothing.
● DIANDRA ROBBINS [House E] – (Young, pre-teenager) Daughter of Roy and Bethany. Best friends with Jennifer. Mischievous and curious.
● JENNIFER WIGGLIN [House E] – (Young, pre-teenager) Daughter of Clark and Shirley. Best friends with Diandra. Mischievous and curious.
● SUE STADLER [House F] – Older sister to Dean, recently diagnosed with cancer, responsible and mature.
● DEAN STADLER [House F] – Younger brother to Sue; flighty and not dependable; struggling with his faith.
● VIOLET BASSEY [House G] – (Older, 50+) Best friend to Mavis, her sidekick.
● MAVIS JEMCO [House G] – (Older, 50+) Best friend to Violet, the mastermind behind all of their
● TUG GOFF [House G] – Burglar in Violet and Mavis’ House; has a rocky past and a