IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE: A New Musical in Thrilling 3-D!
Based on the Universal film, story by Ray Bradbury
Producer: Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Director: Laura Braza
Book and Music by Joe Kinosian
Lyrics and Music by Kellen Blair
Material to Prepare:
Please send in a tape of one comic character song of your choice (32 bars) with accompaniment. Please tape in three-quarter view and use a platform such as vimeo or youtube, not something like wetransfer which needs to be downloaded. Please attach h/r in one pdf. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/30/21. If you have been in a previous musical production with CST, you may send in a just a PDF of your h/r.
Contract begins: 5/23/22
First preview: 6/22/22
Closes: as late as 8/14/22
All roles open to all races, ethnicities.
ACTOR 1 -Female
Ellen Fields (late 20’s); Female. Despite her outward appearance as the beautiful and charming girl-next-door found in most 50’s films, Ellen has a strength and an edge that breaks the mold on several occasions.
ACTOR 2--Female or Gender Non-Conforming
· Maizie (elderly); a sweet old woman, often found gossiping or offering neighbors some of her world famous peanut brittle.
· Thalgorian-X; the mighty warrior of the alien race.
· Smitty (middle-aged); a bartender.
· Alien-Jane; an alien in disguise.
ACTOR 3 –Female or Gender Non-Conforming
· Heckie (40’s, male); a smarmy small-town reporter.
· Grommulex; the leader of the alien race.
· Busybody (elderly); a passing busybody.
ACTOR 6-- Male or Gender Non-Conforming
Borney (30’s); a small-town deputy; the Arizona version of Barney Fife from The Andy Griffith show.
· Frank (elderly); sometimes prone to poetic streams of consciousness, Frank has been Sand Rock’s repairman for as long as anyone can remember.
· Coral (middle-aged, female); a chain-smoking barfly.
· Alien-Jimmy; an alien in disguise.
· Little Borney; a tiny alien with some familiar characteristics.