Website Red Theater
Red Theater is seeking actor submissions for the upcoming production of Hamlet, opening April 26th, 2024 at the Edge Off Broadway. Hamlet will be directed by Wyatt Kent and produced by Clare Brennan.
This production will be staged in the round.
Material to Prepare:
1. A self-tape of a soliloquy or other section of text from Shakespeare, 2 minutes or less in length.
2. A PDF of your headshot and resume
3. A description of your experience level with staged combat
4. Your availability for the callback dates (Sunday December 3rd, Monday December 4th, and Tuesday December 5th)
5. Your willingness to understudy.
You may be asked to submit additional recordings of sections from Hamlet before in person callbacks.
Please submit your audition materials as a YouTube or Vimeo video link to Casting Director Becca Holloway at email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted until Wednesday, November 29th @ 11:59pm.
In-person callbacks: Sunday December 3rd, Monday December 4th, and Tuesday December 5th
Rehearsals: Beginning February, with full schedule to be adjusted according to actor availability
Opening Night: Fri April 26th
Performance Run: April 26th – May 19th
We're looking for heart-on-their-sleeve performers excited to perform Shakespeare in an intimate setting. We are looking for the right actors, regardless of their previous experience with Shakespeare. We want to hear Shakespeare’s words comfortably in YOUR voice. If you are looking for inspiration, think more Andrew Scott or Amaka Umeh and less Laurence Olivier (with absolutely no disrespect intended toward Sir Olivier).
- The role of Hamlet has been previously cast. All other roles are available.
- 10 total actors will be cast, with doubling of roles required for roughly half of the performance tracks.
- We are seeking actors age 50+ for the roles of Claudius, Gertrude and Polonius.
- The role of Laertes will require stage combat ability.
We invite performers of any race, ethnicity, and gender to submit for all roles. We welcome performers with disabilities as well as non-disabled performers to audition for all roles.
We are seeking understudies for all roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org